Are you growing weary of the monotonous Snapchat notification sound? Snapchat offers an array of fantastic features, from its dynamic camera lenses to its engaging social platform, making it a go-to app for staying connected with friends and family. However, its incessant notifications can become a nuisance, especially when they go off for even the smallest interaction, like someone typing a single space in your chat.
You might be tempted to limit or even disable notifications altogether to maintain your peace of mind. While this approach would certainly eliminate the annoyance, it would also mean missing out on timely messages from your friends—a sacrifice most of us aren’t willing to make.
Fear not! There’s a simple solution to this dilemma: changing your Snapchat notification sound. Tired of the grating, high-pitched ‘Bedoop’? You can switch it out for something more to your liking. Not sure how to go about it? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered.
How To Change Snapchat Notification Sound on Android and iOS
Since Snapchat operates slightly differently on iOS and Android platforms, I’ll walk you through the steps for both. This way, you can customize your Snapchat notification sound regardless of the device you’re using.
On Android Device
There are two ways to change notification sound on Android devices.
Way #1 – By Changing the System Notification Sound
Changing the system notification sound is the simplest way to change the Snapchat notification sound on Android. To do so, take the following actions:
- Open the Settings app on your mobile and tap Sound & Vibration.
- Scroll Down and click on Default notification sound.
- Please choose the one you like and hit the OK button to apply it.
- The default notification sound of your phone will be changed. Keep in mind that all incoming notifications on your phone, including Snapchat, will now sound like the one you just set.
Way #2 – By Changing Snapchat Notification Sound
If you only want to change the Snapchat notification sound without disturbing the other apps. Take the following steps:
- Open the Settings app and click App Management.
- On the next screen, tap on App settings.
- Scroll below or browse the Snapchat app in the search bar and select it.
- On the Snapchat settings page click on Notifications.
- Scroll down and tap the Audible Notifications.
- Choose Sound and select the notification tone as per your choice, then hit OK. The Snapchat notification tone will change to the one you set now.
On iOS Device
While it may be disappointing, iOS users don’t have the same flexibility as their Android counterparts when it comes to customizing Snapchat notification sounds. As of now, iOS doesn’t allow you to change the default sound specifically for Snapchat alerts. However, you do have the option to mute the notification sound for Snapchat altogether.
This way, you will still receive notification badges without an irritating tone. To turn off Snapchat notification sound on iOS:
- Launch the Settings App and tap on Notifications.
- Scroll Down and Tap Snapchat.
- Lastly, turn the Sounds toggle off to stop receiving Snapchat alerts with sound.
Why Can’t I Hear My Snapchat Notification Sound?
To begin with, make sure your phone is not set to Silent or Do Not Disturb mode. Then ensure that the notification sound is enabled for Snapchat. To check that:
- Launch the Snapchat app and click on your profile avatar in the top-left corner.
- Tap the gear icon in the upper-right position to go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Notifications.
- Ensure that all the toggles are turned on.
- On Android, confirm that all the checkboxes are ticked. Then scroll down further and tick the Sound checkbox too.
- You can also try toggling all the switches off and back on again to refresh the notification settings.
How To Fix Snapchat Notification Sound Not Working on Android and iOS?
If your Snapchat notification sound is broken or doesn’t work, you can use these tips to fix it.
Enable Snapchat Notifications
- Ensure that the Snapchat notifications are enabled by going to Settings and typing Snapchat in the search bar.
- Then click on Notifications and confirm that the toggle in front of Allow notifications is active.
Clear The Cache
- Go to the Snapchat App and navigate to Settings.
- Scroll below and under the Account Actions section, tap on Clear Cache.
- Click the Clear button to erase all the cache.
Update the Snapchat App
The Snapchat app bugs are frequently to blame for notification issues, such as missing audio. You can resolve this problem by updating the app. To update the Snapchat app to its latest version:
- Go to Google Play or App Store and browse Snapchat in the search bar.
- If your app is not updated, the Update button will appear. Click on it to install the new variant.
- Restart the phone after the update is installed successfully. Hopefully, Snapchat notifications will resume functioning normally after that.
In this article, I’ve outlined all the crucial steps to help you change your default Snapchat notification sound, as well as troubleshoot any related issues. If you found this guide useful, you’ll likely enjoy exploring other entertaining Snapchat tricks you can try out with your friends.